Table of Contents
The selection of a wall safe will grant you convenient access while ensuring protection from burglars. Wall safes are often chosen due to their ability to be hidden in plain sight. On the home front, it is often used as a hidden home safe to store items such as jewelry, cash, checks, and family heirlooms. In offices, it serves as a hidden money safe for cash and documents. Thus, they can be used anywhere regardless of the place and situation
Viking Security Safe VS-52BLX Biometric Fingerprint Hidden Wall Safe
The Viking Security Safe is the first on our list as it is perfect for home and office use. The outer look and multipurpose size are what appeals to the customer. The steel body is perfect for the storage of important documents, jewelry, and even guns. It weighs around 37.5 pounds and has product dimensions of 14 x 4 x 19 inches. The versatile locking mechanisms utilize fingerprints, a key, and a PIN code. The outer look and efficiency of the Viking hidden safe box are what lead to its increase in sales.
It utilizes a biometric fingerprint system that can store up to 32 fingerprints. The safe also fits onto wall studs. It has a fully carpeted interior that prevents scratches or harm to your guns. Another worth mentioning feature is that the internal memory of the safe will be retained even if problems with the battery occur. The safe is built to ensure security as it is pry-resistant and durable. This feature is achieved by its solid steel body design.
- Highly secure
- Functional design
- Able to store a vast amount of fingerprints
- Comes with a fingerprint, key, and code
- Aesthetic exterior look
- Durable and sturdy design
- Ample space for storage
- The shelves are reportedly susceptible to breaking off and need to be sturdier.
Paragon Lock & Safe – 7725 Superior Wall Safe 7725 Flat Electronic Wall Safe for Jewelry Security
Paragon Lock and Safe Superior Wall Safe will guarantee security for all your items, whether it be your jewelry or your weapons. The company has taken its time to develop the best possible safe for you, and they came up with the 7725 Superior Wall Safe. They modified the safe and made it much flatter so that it can be hidden away easily. This item can be used at home and in the office. It was designed to hide your valuables in a secret location, behind a picture frame, or inside a cupboard, for example. This safe also has two options to open it, code or key.
The exterior is built using solid steel to protect against burglar hammering or other stealth modes of stealing. As the hidden gun wall safe fits between the studs and also incorporate a Flat Panel Design, it’s easier to conceal. Due to its size, you can easily store a large number of items at a time. It can be opened using a pin given to you. All in all, it is worth the money. It weighs about 37 pounds, and its dimensions are 4 x 16 x 22 inches.
- Conceals from prying eyes easily
- Dual locking system methods such as code or key
- Contains ample space within
- Sturdy and heavy
- Easy to install
- Great price
- Slight gap between the door and the safe where thieves could pry it open
- Not fireproof
- Keypad sticks out, making concealment a bit difficult
7750 Electronic Wall Safe Hidden Large Safes Jewelry Secure-Paragon Lock & Safe
The 7750 Electronic Wall Safe is the best choice when it comes to digital wall safes. This wall safe can be used for home, office, or even your summer house. This safe is designed to store large items such as jewelry and other important assets. Thus, it would be ideal for homeowners who want their diamonds to be protected, for example. This electronic safe is more robust than other safes on the market. It can be accessed using a PIN code and a key. It weighs about 37 pounds, and its dimensions are 16.25 x 4 x 22 inches.
Adding to the list of its characteristics, it comes with a Flat Panel Design, making it easier to conceal. A wide array of password ideas, as you can choose a pin ranging from 3 to 8 numbers. An easy installation method further increases its appeal. To help you in the installation process, anchor bolts are given at the time of purchase. It is available in many colors. Tamperproof hinges ensure again that your assets are in the best possible place.
- Sturdy keypad
- Flat Panel Design makes it easily concealable
- Tamperproof hinges
- Robustly constructed
- Available at a very low price
- The keypad may stick out, causing concealment issues
- May be difficult to open at first
V-Line Quick Vault Locking Storage for Guns and Valuables, Ivory
The V-Line Quick Vault is a between stud gun safe made to ensure that your arms and valuables remain safe. This wall safe for home is designed to be mounted on the wall studs. It can be mounted immediately adjacent to the wall, so nothing will look out of place if something is put in front of it to hide it. The size of this hidden money safe is suitable to accommodate the different sizes of weapons used. The material used to build this safe is metallic fiber. This material will reduce the weight of the safe while ensuring protection. This vault also provides a push-button lock and multiple code changes. It is impossible to open the safe without the code or keys.
V-line can easily accommodate items such as jewelry, cash, and guns. This safe allows easy code changes, with around 1081 possible codes on the five-button lock. It provides felt lining on the walls and a back cushion. A sturdy and pry-resistant design is what attracts the buyer’s eyes. It can be easily installed using pre-punched holes. The dimensions of the safe are 17 x 15 x 3.5 inches, and it weighs 23 pounds. It might be smaller than the previous safe, so it would be best to use this safe for smaller items.
- Easy installation with pre-punched holes provided
- Off white textured powder coat, making its exterior pleasing
- The inner steel door is resistant to any attempt of stealing
- Comes with a felt lining on the interior
- Allows easy code changes with a multitude of options
- Sturdy design
- Smaller in size
- Shelves are difficult to install
- Studs need to be shaved so that vault can be inserted
BUYaSafe WES2113-DF Fire Resistant Electronic Wall Safe for 8″ Deep or Deeper Walls
The BUYaSafe Fire Resistant Electronic Wall Safe can be used for home and office purposes. It is quick and easy to install. This safe needs to be installed between 2 wall studs and can be installed at any height suitable. The safe also comes with a Fire-Liner velvet interior that gives a great exterior look. This feature will also provide 30-minute fire protection for the paper stores inside the safe. The keypad is flushed so that you can hang a picture to easily conceal them away from prying eyes.
The product dimensions come at 8 x 15.13 x 22 inches. It is able to provide a capacity of 0.75 cubic feet. An electronic locking along with a mechanical system for a possible override with a key is an option not provided with most. With all the security measures, the interior details are not overlooked, as it comes with a velvet interior on all the items, making sure that in case the safe moves, your items remain unscathed.
- Ample space for gun storage
- Manual override with a key is provided
- 30-minute fire protection
- Velvet interior
- Can be used for office and home purposes
- Flushed keypad
- Low price
- Can be installed alone
- According to some review, holes in the studs are sometimes not pre-drilled
- Not user friendly, no manual is provided for installation purposes
- At 53 pounds, it is hard to move
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Wall Safe
The factors you must always keep in mind before purchasing a wall safe are as follows:
- Make sure that the safe you are choosing will be able to provide you with the level of security that you desire. This will also determine the cost and price of the safe. For example, a high-tech hidden wall safe would be much better for storing jewelry than a low-tech one. Therefore, buy a wall safe that is best for the storage of valuable items.
- The next factor you must consider is if you should install a fireproof wall safe or not. This kind of safe will help in the protection of your items in the case of fire, which can be very handy if you find yourself in unexpected circumstances. Fireproof wall safes are usually pricier than non-fireproof ones. However, they will help protect the items you think are irreplaceable.
- The size of the wall safe must also be determined. The wall safe used at home will be different than the one used in an office. This will mainly be determined by the number of items to be stored and the space you have in the area where you wish to keep the safe.
- The next item to consider will be the lock style. As different lock styles exist, you must choose the one that suits you the best. The options include digital locks, dial combinations, key locks, biometric or fingerprint locks. The range of options is extensive, so pick the one that best suits you carefully.
- The last thing to consider will be if you want a hidden wall safe. Some of the wall safes are not meant to be hidden. While this is done mainly to show off the safe, it might not be the best way to hide your assets. However, whether it be a hidden wall gun safe or a safe that is not concealed, this all waters down to your personal preference and how the wall safe is to be used.
Frequently Asked Questions – Hidden Wall Safes
Are hidden wall safes more secure?
While normal safes will hide your items, hidden safes will prove to be the more secure option. These safes are strategically placed to be hidden from the viewer. This will allow easy storage and access to items for the person authorized. For burglars and thieves, it will be undetectable and highly secure. This hidden wall case can also hold items such as arms, cash, etc., away from the family but remain protected.
Should a hidden wall safe be fireproof or waterproof?
To have fireproof or waterproof qualities in your safe is always advantageous. Since emergencies are highly unpredictable, it’s better to be safe than sorry. If you intend to store guns and ammo in your safe, one with fire resistance is recommended to avoid explosive accidents.
What kind of lock should the safe contain?
There are quite a few lock options available on hidden wall safes, but what you would need mainly depends on your preference. Either way, back-up keys usually come with the safes, so if find that you are a bit technologically challenged when it comes to a keypad or biometric lock, you shouldn’t face too much of an issue.
Hidden safe ideas are designed to be undetectable so that once they fit inside the wall, only you know where it is. They are useful, especially in the case of burglary, as the first thing a thief would do is to try to locate the safe. Hiding the safe would add another layer of protection to your assets, whether at home or the office, which is why we have listed down some of the best hidden wall safes available on the market for you.